Re: Problem with pgaccess - Mailing list pgsql-interfaces

From Andreas Kretzer
Subject Re: Problem with pgaccess
Date
List pgsql-interfaces
Ricardo Javier Aranibar León schrieb:

> Hi,..
> Sorry for this letter, but I have problems again with pgaccess, I send you
> the file "env "
> I use Linux SuSE 7.3. and KDE2 the messages when I execute pgaccess is:
> postgres@kepos:>pgaccess
> Application initialization failed: no display name and no $DISPLAY
> enviroment variable.

I assume you made 'su' to become user postgres .... In this case you
have no default display and are not allowed to write to the display which is
used by the user-id under which you really logged in. So you must do the
following:
   1. as the original user allow access to your display: 'xhost +'   2. as user postgres set your DISPLAY variable:
exportDISPLAY=localhost:0.0

Don't forget to disable this global access (security!!!!) with 'xhost -' after finishing
your su'd postgres session.