Re: Anyone have a SQL code for cumulative F distribution function? - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Joe Conway
Subject Re: Anyone have a SQL code for cumulative F distribution function?
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Tony Reina wrote:
> I know it's probably a long shot, but has anyone coded statistical
> distributions as functions in PostgreSQL? Specifically, I'm looking
> for a function to calculate the cumulative F distribution.
>
> By the way, I know that I can do /df at the psql command line to list
> the available functions. Is there a help function or better
> description for a given function? Specifically, I'd like to know what
> array_in and array_out do.
>
> Thanks
> -Tony

Not quite what you asked for, but there *is* a library which allows you
to query data from a PostgreSQL database from within R, called RPgSQL.
Its available on Sourceforge and from the R Archive:
http://cran.r-project.org/

Joe