Re: Bug or Feature? - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Thomas Lockhart
Subject Re: Bug or Feature?
Date
List pgsql-hackers
> You were right (of course) I don't need timestamp on this app...
> However I tried to change the column type on 7.1.3 to ease the
> swith... AFAIK, there's no timestamp without timezone on 7.1.3; Please
> tell me there's another way other than editing pg_dump by hand... That
> would loose time and would call for errors...

Then import the data into your new database and use temporary tables and
drop/create to convert your existing data to the different schema. Then
create the function index you want.

There are probably other ways (as there are other schemas, such as using
DATE rather than TIMESTAMP), but as some point you should choose one and
just do it.
                      - Thomas