Re: sequential joins - Mailing list pgsql-sql

From Oleg Lebedev
Subject Re: sequential joins
Date
List pgsql-sql
Josh,
the sub-select statement I was using were not for filtering data (in which
case you can move filtering condition in ON part of the join), but rather
renaming the column 'username' with the name I need in the current join
statement. In this case, columns with new names ('artist', 'designer',
'programmer') would be appended to the overall query result and can be
selected by top-level select statement.
This looks like a very clumsy way to do what I need.
Any ideas?
thanks,

Oleg