Re: help with getting index scan - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Jean-Luc Lachance
Subject Re: help with getting index scan
Date
List pgsql-general
Thomas,

Maybe the where clause logical expression is not being reduced.
If there is only one pca record that will satisfy
pc.nameftx ## 'salon' AND pc.cid=pca.cid

try:

WHERE aid = ( SELECT aid FROM phone_cat_address AS pca, phone_cat AS pc
  WHERE pc.nameftx ## 'salon' AND pc.cid=pca.cid)