Re: Open magazine article on open source rdbms - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Thomas Lockhart
Subject Re: Open magazine article on open source rdbms
Date
List pgsql-hackers
> One persons view, unfortunately probably shared by others
> http://www.open-mag.com/42444203327.htm

Hmm. He has a few facts right imho; the last few sentences of the
article describe exactly how PostgreSQL *does* get adopted. Actual
adoption and use will precede trade press reports by several years (c.f.
Linux adoption and severely lagging trade press recognition of such).

Doesn't bother me a bit, and I am always amused by the bandwagoner
journalists changing their stories once the cat is out of the bag. It'll
happen here too ;)
                     - Thomas