PLPGSQL func. defn. for returning resultset? - Mailing list pgsql-sql

From Otis Gospodnetic
Subject PLPGSQL func. defn. for returning resultset?
Date
Re: PLPGSQL func. defn. for returning resultset?  (Jan Wieck <janwieck@yahoo.com>)
List pgsql-sql
Hello,

I need to write some functions/stored procedures in PLPGSQL.
All examples have a return clause that returns a single item (e.g.
RETURN INTEGER or RETURN VARCHAR, etc.).

However, I need to return a result set (e.g. SELECT user_id, name FROM
users).  What do I specify in the return part of the FUNCTION definition
for that?
CREATE FUNCTION foo() RETURNS ????? AS ' .....
What do I put in place of ?????

I could not find any examples for such cases.

Thanks,
Otis