Re: [GENERAL] Regular Expression for 'and' instead of 'or' - Mailing list pgsql-sql

From Medi Montaseri
Subject Re: [GENERAL] Regular Expression for 'and' instead of 'or'
Date
List pgsql-sql
Based on generic rules of Regular Expression, the default is a AND.
For example

RE-1RE-2RE-3 is really (RE-1) and (RE-2) and (RE-3). However Regular
Expression
also provides the "Alternation Metachar" to change it from a default AND
to a OR.

The problem however is if you have target-1 junk target-2 junk junk
target-3
Then the simple (target-1target-2target-3) would not work, as you are
implying
they are following each other. So the fix could be

productdescr ~* '(socks)' AND productdescr ~* '(shoes)' AND productdescr
~*(nike)'

Effectively you are creating a composite expression consisting of three
sub-expression.

"Samuel J. Sutjiono" wrote:

> This expression matches the word socks or shoes or nike in product
> categorywhere productdescr ~* '(socks|shoes|nike)' Does anybody know
> what the expression should be  if I want to do 'and' of those key
> words instead of 'or' ? Thanks,Sam

Medi Montaseri                               medi@CyberShell.com
Unix Distributed Systems Engineer            HTTP://www.CyberShell.com
CyberShell Engineering