CURRENT_TIMESTAMP breaking with 7.1->7.2 dump/import - Mailing list pgsql-sql

From Mark Stosberg
Subject CURRENT_TIMESTAMP breaking with 7.1->7.2 dump/import
Date
List pgsql-sql
Hello and thanks for the Postgres team for another fine release of
Postgres. I'm working on doing some test dump/imports from Postgres 7.1
to Postgres 7.2.

I'm using a 7.1 pg_dumpall, and a 7.2 psql to import.

It's hanging on this error:
##########################
CREATE TABLE "mail_history" (       "mail_id" integer DEFAULT
nextval('mail_history_mail_id_seq'::text) NOT NULL,       "subject" character varying(200),       "body" text,
"group_id"integer,       "date_created" date DEFAULT date(('current'::"timestamp" +

'00:00'::"interval")) NOT NULL,       "n_sent" integer DEFAULT 0
);
ERROR:  Bad timestamp external representation 'current'
##################

The use of 'current' is clearly not suported as stated in the upgrade
docs. What's frustrating is that the SQL I used to create the table WAS
valid, using the standard CURRENT_DATE function, but Postgres internally
connverted this into this broken format. Here was my original create statement:
#########
create table mail_history (       mail_id                 serial,       subject                 varchar(200),
body                  text,       group_id                  integer,       date_created               date not null
defaultCURRENT_DATE,       n_sent                  integer default 0

);
#######

This is from an old project. It might have started in Postgres 6.5.x and
then been imported into Postgres 7.0 and then Postgres 7.1. Is there a
way that I help coax Postgres into providing better support for this
kind of legacy data?
  -mark