Re: [HACKERS] Selectively compile psql - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Samik Raychaudhuri
Subject Re: [HACKERS] Selectively compile psql
Date
List pgsql-general
Hi,
Thanks for the reply. I had to change the way though. I followed:
./configure
gmake -C src/bin/psql
gmake install -C src/bin/psql

cd'ing to src/bin/psql was giving the following error:
make: Fatal error in reader: ../../../src/Makefile.global, line 24:
Illegal dependencies for target `.SILENT'

Thanks anyway for the clue.
Regards.
-Samik

Neil Conway wrote:

> On Mon, 2002-02-18 at 21:05, Samik Raychaudhuri wrote:
>
>>Hello,
>>This is a re-post, as it seems the mail didn't appear.
>>I want to recompile only psql with the readline library. When I
>>installed PG, GNU readline package was not there. Now db is running
>>fine, and I don't want to disturb it. I tried doing this but things
>>got messed up. Can anybody point me to the brief steps to do this.
>>Thanks in advance.
>>

> ./configure
> cd src/bin/psql
> make