Re: Ready to branch 7.2/7.3 ? - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Justin Clift
Subject Re: Ready to branch 7.2/7.3 ?
Date
Re: Ready to branch 7.2/7.3 ?  (Greg Copeland <greg@CopelandConsulting.Net>)
List pgsql-hackers
"Marc G. Fournier" wrote:

> On Fri, 15 Feb 2002, Bruce Momjian wrote:
>
> > Tom Lane wrote:
> > >
> > > I don't think it's time for 7.2.1 quite yet; we should probably wait
> > > another week or two to see what comes in.  I just want to branch now...
> >
> > Agreed.  Let's get everything we can into 7.2.1.  We normally don't push
> > out a minor this quickly unless we have a major thing to fix, which we
> > don't.
>
> Right, and we never branch until we're ready for the first minor ... so

Hang on here.  It sounds like we're following previous methodology to
our (possible) slight detriment here.

At present, we need 7.3 to start, so that people can begin working on
it.

We also need to have the 7.2 branch, so stuff for the to-be 7.2.x can be
included there where appropriate.

So, lets get it branched, because that's what needs to be done here and
now, in this instance.

Then people with a burn to do 7.3 stuff can do so, and things can be
added to 7.2.x where needed.

:-)

Regards and best wishes,

Justin Clift

> http://archives.postgresql.org

first group; there was less competition there."  - Indira Gandhi