Re: Pg.so problem - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Samik Raychaudhuri
Subject Re: Pg.so problem
Date
Re: Pg.so problem
List pgsql-general
Actually the problem is: my PG database runs on Windows, and don't have
sufficient privileges for compiling the complete postgresql source code
in the sun machine. Is there any other way?
Thanks and regards.
-Samik

Holger Marzen wrote:

> On Thu, 14 Feb 2002, Samik Raychaudhuri wrote:
>

>>I have a peculiar problem. I want to use DBD::Pg in a Sun machine,
>>whereas the PG database is running on another machine (i.e. another OS).
>>When trying to run a perl program on Sun OS, the perl engine asks for
>>Pg.so, which I don't have. Can anybody share the Pg.so file for my OS,
>>or give any idea of getting it (without, of course, asking me to compile
>>the source code :).
>>

> There is no magic in compiling. I installed other DBD's on Solaris (but
> not yet DBD::Pg), and it's really easy.
>
> Just get the free gcc2.9x from www.sunfreeware.com and follow the
> instructions.

Samik Raychaudhuri