Re: Threaded PosgreSQL server - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Haroldo Stenger
Subject Re: Threaded PosgreSQL server
Date
List pgsql-hackers
mkscott@sacadia.com wrote:

> On Wed, 6 Feb 2002, Haroldo Stenger wrote:
>

> > By the way, my original question about how integrated the multi-threading fork
> > reached, remained unanswered. I will assume it went threading, dropping forever
> > the original behaviour, so deciding me towards not considering threading a
> > viable option (for now).
>
> Yes, you can use postmaster and fork for a connection...or at least you
> could prior to some recent changes.  I haven't tested it that way for
> awhile but it should work.

I find it very interesting. So you are telling us you were successfull in
keeping both functionalities? So why don't you tell us what of an effort was it
to convert the code to thread-safe? Just to compose a community view of the
issue, and make a rational decision...

Regards,
Haroldo.