Execute some of the elements of the RULE without a plan to the VIEW - Mailing list pgsql-sql

From Luis Sousa
Subject Execute some of the elements of the RULE without a plan to the VIEW
Date
List pgsql-sql
Hi

I have a RULE that executes 5 queries. Each query executed is created a
plan to the view, that means that in the end I will have 5 query plans
to that view, when I only needed 1.
I don't know if this is the best way, but I'm doing 5 queries because I
have to pass to a function 17 parameters and postgres have the limitation of 16. I have two tables of parameters, that
Iuse. First I

delete all that could be there before, then I insert the new parameters
and after I execute my function, all inside the rule.

Can I do this in other way to improve the perfomance ?

Thanks, Luis Sousa