Few questions - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Joep deVocht
Subject Few questions
Date
Re: Few questions  (Darren Ferguson <darren@crystalballinc.com>)
List pgsql-general
Hi,

I have a few questions. I read through the docs but didn't
seem to find the answers.

SQL:

- Is it possible to check whether a table exists?
  (I have a script in which I need to delete tables when they exist.
   And I don't want the error-message when I simply delete it)

- Id there a call to retrieve all table names?

Interface:

- I'm using large objects. What I see is that if I create a large object
  and then delete it again later (which will happen often), the large
object id
  (loid) keeps increasing. This worries me a bit since I don't know
what's going to
   happen when that variable hit MAXINT or something similar.
  Is there a way to reset the loid?

Many thanx in advance.

Joep de Vocht.