Re: A simpler way to configure the source code? - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Don Baccus
Subject Re: A simpler way to configure the source code?
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Kaare Rasmussen wrote:

>>Perl's got one of those too, and I hate it ...
>>

> You mean the endless number of questions when making Perl?
>
> No, the Linux kernel has a nice menu based script. It will remember the last
> choice if you build more than one time and you only have to choose the areas
> you'd like to change.

and there's a feature that hides everything except new options.  If
you've built an older kernel, update, and there are new configuration
options you can choose to just see those, and your past choices for
older configuration parameters are kept.

Handy when someone adds configuration parameters for yet-another-IDE
chipset that you don't really give care about.

--
Don Baccus
Portland, OR