Re: inline is not ANSI C - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Thomas Lockhart
Subject Re: inline is not ANSI C
Date
List pgsql-hackers
> > > I've noticed that in postgresql 7.2b4 and in some contrib(I've seen
> > > dbf2pgsql) there are inline variables, I think this is not ANSI
> > > code.
> > Standards evolve.
> I think u can not make a unix standard open source dbase if u don't
> respect standards, OS must evolve, not applications

Per Tom Lane's response, there are provisions in the configuration step
to define "inline" as an empty macro for the preprocessor. So it just
goes away from the source code for compilers which do not support it.

Tom inquired whether that configuration step seems to not produce the
right result for you (it sounds like it doesn't). Actually removing
"inline" from the source code is not required.

Try running configure again and check the results. Let us know what you
find.
                    - Thomas