Re: "SQL" REPLACE SYNTAX - Mailing list pgsql-php

From Manuel Lemos
Subject Re: "SQL" REPLACE SYNTAX
Date
List pgsql-php
Hello,

Christopher Kings-Lynne wrote:

> > Actually only two: a SELECT and a depending on that, a INSERT or an
> > UPDATE. You may want to try to look at Metabase implementation to see
> > how it works.
>
> Read my previous post.  How does MetaBase know which fields are the primary
> key!?!?!?!?

Look at Metabase implementation. Metabase comes with a driver
conformance test that verifies if features like this work properly in
all supported databases. Don't you think that I would release a version
of Metabase that would not pass that test if all databases?

The application needs to hint it as it is something that does not change
at runtime, so there is no penalty of figuring that by querying the
database server and some database do not provide a way to tell you which
fields are the primary key.

Regards,
Manuel Lemos