Re: sql scripts - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Joseph Shraibman
Subject Re: sql scripts
Date
List pgsql-general
When bash interprets the magic line starting with #! it appends the filename to the end of
the command, it doesn't pipe the contents of the file to stdin.  So when I was trying to
write the shells script first I tried something like

#!/usr/local/bin/psql -U someuser -d dbname -f

but psql couldn't handle the magic line itself, and you can't have pipes in the magic
line, so I finally settled on using tail on the script itself (inspired by the jdk
installers from sun).

--
Joseph Shraibman
jks@selectacast.net