ALTER ROLE role-name-with-hyphen - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Tom Copeland
Subject ALTER ROLE role-name-with-hyphen
Date
Re: ALTER ROLE role-name-with-hyphen  (Lennin Caro <lennin.caro@yahoo.com>)
List pgsql-general
Hi all -

This is probably a new bee question... but, how do I change the
password of a role that has a hyphen in the name?

======================
$ createuser --no-superuser --createdb --no-createrole foo-bar
$ psql

        \h for help with SQL commands
        \? for help with psql commands
        \q to quit

postgres=# ALTER USER foo-bar WITH ENCRYPTED PASSWORD 'foo-bar';
ERROR:  syntax error at or near "-"
LINE 1: ALTER USER foo-bar WITH ENCRYPTED PASSWORD 'foo-bar';
                       ^

So I can create the role but I can't figure out how to modify it.
I've tried a variety of quoting and backslashing and such, but no luck
yet.... any ideas?

Thanks,

Tom