select few fields as a single field - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Roman Gavrilov
Subject select few fields as a single field
Date
List pgsql-general
Hello everybody,
I have this question,
Suppose that I have a table with 3 fields name, version, release.
name | version | release
------------------
test   |  1           | 2
ema  |   1.2       | 2.2
------------------

I want to retrieve full name as 'select name || '-' || version || '-' release from table';
test-1-2
ema-1.2-2.2

I can do this as regular sql query;
But i would like to do this as 'select full_name from table'

One way is to create view which will do the job.
Other way to do this is to create additional field name full_name and to store the full name inside the field.
Is there any possibility to create function or constraint trigger that will know that when I am doing select full_name it should
concat name version release and return it as full_name.(full_name is virtual field)
I don't want to create it as view;

Thanks

 Roman Gavrilov
 Aduva Inc., Web Development Services.
 work +972-3-7534324 mobile +972-54-834668
 romio@aduva.com, romio@netvision.net.il