Re: Serializable access giving wrong error messages? - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Hiroshi Inoue
Subject Re: Serializable access giving wrong error messages?
Date
List pgsql-bugs
Tom Lane wrote:

> Sure, but what we were discussing was the "duplicate key" error issued
> by nbtinsert.c.  AFAICS that depends on latest-commit status, not on
> snapshots.  Perhaps that behavior is itself a bug?  If so, how would
> you change it?

Addtional check seems to be needed in serializable
mode using the serialzable shot though I'm not sure.

 currenly dead but was alive when the transaction begin
 curretly alive but didin't exist when ...

etc may cause a "can't serialize ..." error.

regards,
Hiroshi Inoue