Re: largeobject - Mailing list pgsql-odbc

From Matteo Cavalleri
Subject Re: largeobject
Date
List pgsql-odbc
On 10 Dec 2001, at 15:54, Hiroshi Inoue wrote:

> Unfortunately vacuumlo doesn't take type lo into account.

In latest pgreplicator distribution we set up an alpha stage large
object replication. The system works both on oid and lo types.
We develop the following set of utilities that you can find useful if
you are working on lo types:

* vacuumlo.tcl script that can vaccum lo types.

* prepg_dump.tcl & postpg_restore.tcl can dump and restore
correctly lo types. (simply run prepg_dump.tcl BEFORE your
pg_dump command, run postpg_restore.tcl AFTER your pg_restore
commad:-)))

* editschema & getdata.tcl can rearrange the table structure using
vi (eg. dropping column names, changing data types..  How to use
editschema is reported in
http://pgreplicator.sourceforge.net/stuff.html)

some of that code was not release to the public yet, since it is still
remarked in Italian language, however here it is a preview.
I hope this can help

Regards,

Matteo Cavalleri
IRCCS E.Medea
Bioengineering Lab.
Via D.L.Monza 20
23842 Bosisio Parini (LC) - ITALY
Tel. +39-031-877 274 / 111
Fax +39-031-877499
If you are using Pegasus Mail, or any another MIME-compliant system,