Re: sql indexing suggestions needed - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Jonathan Vanasco
Subject Re: sql indexing suggestions needed
Date
List pgsql-general
On Mar 20, 2007, at 3:24 PM, Ron Johnson wrote:
> How many *distinct* values are there in int_c?  What percentage of
> them match "int_c <= 10"?

right now there are 14, and 80% match -- but next week that number
will be 20 , 60% ... and so on

> Same questions, but for int_h.
same answer

> If int_h is relatively unique, then this index might help:
>     (INT_H, INT_C)

If that helps, try
>     (INT_H, INT_C, BOOL_A, BOOL_B, BOOL_D, BOOL_E, BOOL_G, BOOL_I)

i'll try both, thanks.

the current 'super index' works - i'm more worried for speed right
now than disk space , so its worth physical overhead.