Re: Initdb failure with PG 7.1.3 on RH 7.1... - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Paul Stavrides
Subject Re: Initdb failure with PG 7.1.3 on RH 7.1...
Date
List pgsql-general
Tom Lane wrote:

>Ah-hah.

Ok we're fixed.

My crime was using a 'c' comment to keep track of the changes I made in
the postgress_ext.h file:

DON'T DO THIS:

/*
 * NAMEDATALEN is the max length for system identifiers (e.g. table names,
 * attribute names, function names, etc.)
 *
 * NOTE that databases with different NAMEDATALEN's cannot interoperate!
 */
/* #define NAMEDATALEN 32 */

#define NAMEDATALEN 100

#endif

The post-processing of this file in genbki.sh will fail and not stop the
build process.  I am not an sh/sed naive but I think one of the sed
commands needs an if <clause> fi || exit type mod to keep this happening
in the future.

It may be enough to document that it can happen.

Thanks for your help,

-paul