Re: Can a windows DLL have more than one process attached? - Mailing list pgsql-interfaces

From Mikhail Terekhov
Subject Re: Can a windows DLL have more than one process attached?
Date
List pgsql-interfaces
> where netmsgModule is
>
> static HINSTANCE netmsgModule = NULL;

That is definitely my bug (cut&paste problem:(). There shouldn't be a
static variable in *.h files. Sorry :(.

> This sure looks to me like it will fail miserably if more than one
> process can attach to the DLL concurrently: won't the first one to
> detach release the netmsg library, breaking access to it for all the
> remaining processes?

There is no problem here - LoadLibrary and FreeLibrary use reference
count (see references in the Ross's message).

> I don't know enough about Windows to know if there's really a problem
> here, but the code looks fishy to me.  I'd expect to need a reference
> count.  Comments anyone?

Windows really does reference count here.

Regards,
Mikhail