java and postgresql - Mailing list pgsql-jdbc

From Poul Kristensen
Subject java and postgresql
Date
List pgsql-jdbc
Hi,
I have a problem.

A java program connecting to postgres 7.1.3 works fine using
> appletviewer  + htm file  - inserting , selecting..

Then I've copied the  class + htm file to the web root
the applet is initialized but no fields appear.  If the jdbc jar file was missing
I would get an exception and I don't get one.

The postgres data gives the following error:

pg_recvbuf: unexpected EOF on client connection.

Has anyone got an idea of why this haapens ?

I'm using  RH 7.2 + postgres 7.1.3. + jdbc7.1-1.2.jar or jdbc7.0.1.1jar
all of it is done on the same machine.

TIA

Best regards,
Poul

BTW! I have a problem joining the pgsql-jbdc mailinglist, so if you would reply to my direct e-mail address
please, I would be gratefull.