Re: Open items - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Thomas Lockhart
Subject Re: Open items
Date
List pgsql-hackers
> Is there some way we can make the tests smart enough to only printout the
> significant digits, so that if there is a difference, it is important?

Well, what we've avoided doing so far, on the assumption that we might
mask some subtle but important problem, is to run the select outputs
through a formatting function which strips off a few (in)significant
digits.

I'm not sure if to_char() can do the job (it seems to be oriented to
doing fixed-length fields) but if it can then we've got something usable
already.
                       - Thomas