ECPG patches: get descriptor NULL alloc, external names - Mailing list pgsql-patches

From Christof Petig
Subject ECPG patches: get descriptor NULL alloc, external names
Date
Re: ECPG patches: get descriptor NULL alloc, external names
List pgsql-patches
Hi Michael,

these patches fix the following issues with libecpg:

1)
- get descriptor didn't allocate memory if passed a NULL pointer
- now get descriptor shares code with ECPGexecute regarding storage in
output variables
- some code cleanup, recognize timestamp without timezone

2)
- make all external visible names of libecpg start with ECPG (without
changing ecpg_*)

3)
- rename ecpg_* to ECPG* to make the visible names look more homogenous

These address the last outstanding issues I had for 7.2.

    Christof

PS: If these patches do not apply cleanly to current sources, please
tell me, I'll redo them.
PPS: The first patch requires the patch (char**=0) I sent in last week
(still unapplied)

Attachment