Re: localhost not equal at 127.0.0.1 - Mailing list pgsql-jdbc

From Barry Lind
Subject Re: localhost not equal at 127.0.0.1
Date
List pgsql-jdbc
I think there is a setup problem with your client.  For some reason
'localhost' is being resolved to an IP address different than 127.0.0.1.
  That is a configuration problem on the computer, not a problem with
the jdbc driver.  If you 'ping localhost' what do you get as the
reported IP address?

The code change you suggest below is not appropriate, because it is
reasonable to expect that other users may desire that localhost resolves
to an IP address other than 127.0.0.1.  So hardcoding this mapping
inside the driver is not correct.

thanks,
--Barry