Re: Granting database level permissions... - Mailing list pgsql-sql

From Thomas Swan
Subject Re: Granting database level permissions...
Date
List pgsql-sql
> Steve Brett wrote:
>
>have a look at pg_hba.conf in your data dir. it's all in there.
>
>Steve
>
>"Thomas Swan" <tswan@olemiss.edu> wrote in message
>
>>Is it possible to grant database level access to a user in PostgreSQL?
>>
>>I have created a user and database, and I want the user to have full
>>control over that database.   I have been through the online docs and
>>news groups but have not found a statement or answer to the question.
>>
>>Thomas

>>TIP 4: Don't 'kill -9' the postmaster

The problem is not in access to psql.   pg_hba.conf only controls that
portion or controls access to a database if a local user.

I want to do the equivalent of a
GRANT ALL on {database_name} TO {username};

If I want to allow a user to create a table on the database,  I cannot
do that and restrict them only to the specified database.  Currently
they would have to have created the database to have full rights on it.

Besides, if I want to have two users have full rights on a database, I
can't do that if I can only have one owner...