Decimal digits in timeofday() - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Nicola Larosa
Subject Decimal digits in timeofday()
Date
List pgsql-bugs
There's a cute little bug somewhere.

While

   SELECT timeofday();

returns six decimal digits,

   SELECT date_part('epoch', timeofday()::timestamp);

only returns five, on a Linux Slackware 8.0 x86 machine with PostgreSQL 7.1.1 .

Please do not make me dive into C code again, already fixed a similar bug in
Zope , but in Python (it shaved off two digits instead of one, but anyway...)

Another thing, does anyone know where I could see the docs for the new
to_timestamp microsecond-aware function in 7.2?

Lastly, thanks for the fine software. Just donated 50$ to PostgreSQL Inc.,
it feels good. :^)

--
"Mozilla will be around long after nobody can remember
just quite what Internet Explorer actually used to be."

Nicola Larosa - nico@tekNico.net