Re: Support for Special Big5 double-byte characters - Mailing list pgsql-odbc

From Hiroshi Inoue
Subject Re: Support for Special Big5 double-byte characters
Date
List pgsql-odbc
Raymond Leung wrote:

> Hi all,
>
>     I am new to this mailing list. Currently I am using Debian 2.2 + PGSQL 7.1 as backend db server.
> I am writing a Visual FoxPro 6 application and access the data via ODBC driver 7.01.00.07. This
> FoxPro program mainly deals with Chinese Traditional (Big5) characters. I tried to search the list
> archive by Google, and some experts said there's a patch of the ODBC driver which can solve the
> Chinese Big5 character's second byte (i.e. "\") problem. Could anyone please kindly let me know
> where to obtain this patch ?

If you can get the snapshot source, no patch is needed.
MULTIBYTE stuff is #ifdef'd and you can get the multibyte
version of the dll by typing
  nmake /f win32.mak cfg=MultibyteRelease
.

If you are to use BIG5 as the client encoding, you have
to add the following command to the *Connect Settings*
DataSource option.
  set client_encoding to 'BIG5'

regards,
Hiroshi Inoue