yet another db corruption issue - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Jon Lapham
Subject yet another db corruption issue
Date
List pgsql-general
Hello-

I'm beginning to suspect that I have some hardware issue.  Last week I
posted a message saying that I had a corrupted index, which Tom Lane
helped me resolve.  He also suggested that I upgrade from v7.1.2 to v7.1.3.

I did the upgrade, and rebuilt my dbs from a clean "pgdump" file (as per
the upgrade instructions).  Everything has been running great for the
last week.

Today, I am getting the following messages when accessing the "fraction"
table:

main_v0_8=# select * from fraction;
ERROR:  cannot find attribute 19 of relation fraction

Suggestions on how to track this problem down?  As of yesterday, the
fraction table (as well as all the others) were working fine.  Does it
sound like a hardware issue?

Vital statistics:
www@exprod > uname -a
Linux exprod.extracta.com.br 2.4.9 #1 Fri Aug 17 16:54:36 BRT 2001 i686
unknown

compiled with: --with-tcl --with-perl --with-odbc --enable-hba
--enable-locale --enable-syslog

--

  Jon Lapham