Retrieving a list of tables - Mailing list pgsql-php

From David C. Brown
Subject Retrieving a list of tables
Date
Re: Retrieving a list of tables  (Alessandro Ferrarin <ferrarin@tieffesistemi.com>)
Re: Retrieving a list of tables  (<erle@hindang.msuiit.edu.ph>)
List pgsql-php
Heyas,

    I need to be able to get a list of the tables from a postgresql from
php.  I'm
porting a php-mysql website over to postgresql.    I have a form that
populates
a <SELECT> statment with the tables in the db.

In Mysql I just used the sql query "SHOW TABLES;" postgresql doesn't
support that sql statment, and pg-php doesn't like me sending a "\d" as
query.

Anyone have any help, or ideas how I may be able to work around this?
or is there a query for pg-sql that I don't know about?

Any and all help would be great...  Thanx

Dave

TIP 4: Don't 'kill -9' the postmaster