Re: Managing Users - Mailing list pgsql-general

From John Clark Naldoza y Lopez
Subject Re: Managing Users
Date
List pgsql-general
Heya Chris,

Chris Cameron wrote:

> I'm having a bit of a problem managing users.
>
> I have a database owned by user joe. Joe has a bunch of tables in this
> database and is allowed to create databases but not users. All the
> tables are owned by joe.
> If I create another user without any privledges at all, that user is
> able to (on my system) create tables in any existing databases.
> Including joes database.
>
> Do I have something improperly configured, or is this just the way
> Postgres works? I realize I have little details, but I'm not entirely
> sure whats causing this so I don't know what details to include.

That's about right =)  You can have different users creating different
tables in the same database...

The users, however, won't be able to access the other users' tables,
unless he or she has been GRANTed access to them =)

Hope that helps.

Cheers,

John Clark

--
     /) John Clark Naldoza y Lopez                           (\
    / )    Software Design Engineer III                      ( \

"Intelligence is the ability to avoid doing work, yet getting the work
done"
--Linus Torvalds