Re: Postmaster re-start problem - Mailing list pgsql-general

From John Burski
Subject Re: Postmaster re-start problem
Date
List pgsql-general
Thanks for the response.

I had some trouble posting the question to the group - the list didn't think
I was a member.  In any case, I killed the process off without any adverse
affects.

I gathered from your response that the "pg_hba.conf" file isn't read at
postmaster startup exclusively, but, rather, whenever authentication is
required.  I, obviously, wasn't aware of that - thanks for the education.  :)

Ciao!

--
John Burski
I.T. Manager and Systems Administration