blob - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Luke
Subject blob
Date
List pgsql-general
Hi,

If this is the wrong group to post this question, please point me in
the right direction,

Now my problem.
I've been trying to get large objects "happening" through a perl script,

which I want to run by httpd (user nobody) from the cgi-bin directory.
In other words, I want to serve images to browsers from a database.
This includes using the 'lo_export' function.
But I've found that I can only run 'lo_export' as superuser.

Is there any other way to get images served from the database?
Or how do I get around the above in perl.

I understand that there is a client side lo_export in libpq, but that
would mean writing my cgi script in c, yes? I think.
If not how do I use the client side. Does that mean embedding my perl
script in html?

any suggestions?

thanks greatly,

viva postgres!