Re: Problem with the accents - Mailing list pgsql-general

From frederic massot
Subject Re: Problem with the accents
Date
List pgsql-general
Tatsuo Ishii wrote:

> > I have a problem at the time of requete containing accents with
> > PostgreSQL version 6.5.3 :
> >
> > Via psql, the following requete does not function :
> >
> > SELECT id_dico, name
> >  FROM  dico_fr
> >  WHERE name ~* '^bé'
> >  ORDER BY name;
> >
> > The tables are coded in UNICODE.
>
> Are you sure that you put the query in UTF-8 encoding?

Yes :

essai=> SHOW CLIENT_ENCODING;
NOTICE:  Current client encoding is UNICODE
SHOW VARIABLE

essai=> \l
datname           |datdba|encoding|datpath
------------------+------+--------+------------
template1         |    31|       5|template1
essai             |  1000|       5|essai

Encoding 5 corresponds has the UNICODE.

Here the sequence of command :

essai=> SELECT * FROM dico_fr WHERE nom ~* '^bé';
essai'>
essai'> '
essai-> ;
id_dico|nom
-------+---
(0 rows)

I am obliged to add a quote and a semicolon to finish the request. :-(

I have the same problem when the requests are sent via PHP, even by
making them precede by:
pg_exec($db_conn, "SET NAMES 'UNICODE'");

Thank you for your assistance.
|              FREDERIC MASSOT               |
|     http://www.juliana-multimedia.com      |
|   mailto:frederic@juliana-multimedia.com   |