Clustering error with present CVS - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Justin Clift
Subject Clustering error with present CVS
Date
List pgsql-bugs
Hi all,

Just testing a few things out with present pre-7.2 CVS (as of a few
hours ago).

Came across the following error when clustering an index :

ERROR:  IndexBuildHeapScan: concurrent insert in progress

The table in question (with about 10MB of data in it) is defined as :

                 Table "uniques"
   Column    |         Type          | Modifiers
-------------+-----------------------+-----------
 col_key     | integer               | not null
 col_int     | integer               | not null
 col_signed  | integer               | not null
 col_float   | double precision      | not null
 col_double  | double precision      | not null
 col_decim   | numeric(18,2)         | not null
 col_date    | character(20)         | not null
 col_code    | character(10)         | not null
 col_name    | character(20)         | not null
 col_address | character varying(80) | not null

Then an index was created (no problems) :

osdb=# create unique index uniques_key_bt on uniques using btree
(col_key);
CREATE
osdb=#

Then the cluster command was run (the problem here) :

osdb=# cluster uniques_key_bt on uniques;
ERROR:  IndexBuildHeapScan: concurrent insert in progress
osdb=#

This is on Mandrake Linux 8.0, CVS of PostgreSQL as of a few hours ago,
totally default postgresql.conf and pg_hba.conf. The database and tables
have just been created and loaded, and there is no difference in
behaviour whether vacuum or vacuum analyse have/haven't been run.

Regards and best wishes,

Justin Clift

     - Indira Gandhi