Re: pl/pgsql recursion/arrays (fwd) - Mailing list pgsql-novice

From Bo Lorentsen
Subject Re: pl/pgsql recursion/arrays (fwd)
Date
List pgsql-novice
Jason Tan wrote:

> Is it possible to use recursion in pl/pgsql in particular with postgres
> 7.0xx?

I hope I can tell you within a few days, as I need this too :-)

> Also is it posible to declare and use array in plpgsql?

Yeps, "SETOF" is your friend.

> Is it possible to somehow return a series of values?

Yeps try "RETURNS SETOF INTEGER" to define an area of integers as a return
value from a function.

> eg to return muliple values somehow so that they can be used in somethign
> like:
> select column_name from table_name where attribute_name in (select
> my_func(column2) from table2);
>
> ie so you can effectively use a function as a filter?

Yeps, this works perfectly, like this :

    SELECT a, b FROM c WHERE a.id IN (SELECT fn_return_setof());

/BL