2 tables, joins and same name... - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Marc André Paquin
Subject 2 tables, joins and same name...
Date
List pgsql-general
Hello,

Here is 2 tables:

airport
---------
airport_id
name
code
city_id

destination
-----------
destination_id
dest_name
airport_dep_id  // using airport.airport_id (departure)
airport_arr_id  // using airport.airport_id  has well (arrival)

I have 2 columns in the second table that uses the same name column in
the first table...

I dont know how to formulate my SQL query... I want to select the
destinations in the destination table with not the ID of each airport
but their names. I can do a join with one but with the second one, I get
no results... And this is confusing!

select dest.dest_name, air.name as airport1, air.name as airport2 from
destination, airport air where dest.airport_dep_id_id=air.airport_id and
dest.airport_arr_id=air.airport_id;

This is not good...

Any help?

Thanks!