Re: Appology : MySQL threads belong else where. - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Guy Fraser
Subject Re: Appology : MySQL threads belong else where.
Date
List pgsql-general
Sorry if I insulted the wrong people.

Like I said in the message, "The odd comparison is OK" was poorly
stated, I was tired of having to go through all the posts from people
who appear to be close to anti PostgreSQL. I was trying to indicate that
suggesting feature enhancements that are SQL92 and in other databases
are appropriate. I am not saying in any way that MySQL's features are
bad, but I would rather see PostgreSQL specification compliant than a
MySQL knock off.

Of course the management programs may not be required to meet any
specifications. I the suggestions are aimed at making the management
system better suggestions should be welcome.

I am not against discussing comparisons between PostgreSQL and other
RDBMS systems. Discussions are often a good way of sowing the seeds of
ideas for the developers. When discussions appear to become arguments it
seems appropriate that somebody steps in to calm down the thread.

Again, I am sorry for being harsh, I was upset, but that is no excuse.

Guy

PS: I hope this thread can stop soon.

--
There is a fine line between genius and lunacy, fear not, walk the
line with pride. Not all things will end up as you wanted, but you