Re: MySQL's (false?) claims... (was: Re: PL/java?) - Mailing list pgsql-general

From David Ford
Subject Re: MySQL's (false?) claims... (was: Re: PL/java?)
Date
List pgsql-general
Sean Chittenden wrote:

>>Has anyone seen this page on Mysql.org comparing PostgreSQL to MySQL:
>>
>>    http://www.mysql.com/doc/M/y/MySQL-PostgreSQL_features.html
>>

>    Yeah, I've had a few developers show it to me... the best part
>of this is though, when I tried to post a comment, I got a MySQL
>database error.  ::grin::  At anyrate, it looks like a load of FUD from
>a bad marketing department (at least Microsoft lies well).  -sc

One might also add as a 'con' for mysql...spelling.  As horribly
frequent the spelling errors are on this page, one might reasonable
assume that you could...

    selected * frm tabloid wear valued be 'huh?';

-d

--
>:>
I may have the information you need and I may choose only HTML.  It's up to you.