Re: problems on solaris 7 - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Justin Clift
Subject Re: problems on solaris 7
Date
List pgsql-general
Hi Peter,

There's a Solaris specific installation guide for PostgreSQL at :

http://techdocs.postgresql.org/installguides.php#solaris

Have you taken a look at it yet?

Regards and best wishes,

Justin Clift

Peter Lauko wrote:

> Hi!
> I've installed 7.1.2 on sparc solaris 7.
> configure, make, install and initdb worked perfectly.
> When I try to start postmaster:
>
> postgres$ postmaster
> IpcMemoryCreate: shmget(key=5432001, size=1245184, 03600) failed: Invalid argument
>
> I've read in administrator's guide to put the following lines in /etc/system:
>
> set shmsys:shminfo_shmmax=0x2000000
> set shmsys:shminfo_shmmin=1
> set shmsys:shminfo_shmmni=256
> set shmsys:shminfo_shmseg=256
> set semsys:seminfo_semmap=256
> set semsys:seminfo_semmni=512
> set semsys:seminfo_semmns=512
> set semsys:seminfo_semmsl=32
>
> Since then postmaster starts, but when I try to use psql, createuser or createdb they drop segmentation fault. (when
tryingto use psql with a nonexisting database - i.e. other than template1 - it works fine: reports the error and
exits).Regression check also fails at createdb with segfault.

> I suppose this is a problem in my solaris settings and not in postgres, but I'm not an expert of kernel level solaris
configuration.Could anyone help me please?! I'm running out of time.

> thanks, Peter

> http://www.postgresql.org/search.mpl

   - Indira Gandhi