Re: MySQL's (false?) claims... (was: Re: PL/java?) - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Justin Clift
Subject Re: MySQL's (false?) claims... (was: Re: PL/java?)
Date
Re: MySQL's (false?) claims... (was: Re: PL/java?)  (Peter Eisentraut <peter_e@gmx.net>)
Re: MySQL's (false?) claims... (was: Re: PL/java?)  ("Denis A. Doroshenko" <d.doroshenko@omnitel.net>)
List pgsql-general
Hi Sean,

We can always ask them to change things.  The thing which strike me as
wrong the most is the stability issue with PostgreSQL.  I've only very
rarely heard reports by anyone saying MySQL was more stable than
PostgreSQL for them.

Most of the rest I think can be justified in one way or another.

If anyone else can see things blatantly wrong on that page, email me
about them and I'll ask Monty (the MySQL guy) to please
change/remove/fix them.

:-)

Regards and best wishes,

Justin Clift

Sean Chittenden wrote:

> > Has anyone seen this page on Mysql.org comparing PostgreSQL to MySQL:
> >
> >       http://www.mysql.com/doc/M/y/MySQL-PostgreSQL_features.html
>
>         Yeah, I've had a few developers show it to me... the best part
> of this is though, when I tried to post a comment, I got a MySQL
> database error.  ::grin::  At anyrate, it looks like a load of FUD from
> a bad marketing department (at least Microsoft lies well).  -sc
>
> --
> Sean Chittenden

> TIP 4: Don't 'kill -9' the postmaster

   - Indira Gandhi