Re: MySQL's (false?) claims... (was: Re: PL/java?) - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Denis A. Doroshenko
Subject Re: MySQL's (false?) claims... (was: Re: PL/java?)
Date
List pgsql-general
how that can come, that table locking is faster than versioning? from
how i understand versioning it can't be slower. and saying that "possible
access problems" with table can be avoided be specially designing
application. God! i must design specially for mysql, being locking whole
tables.

this page shows that they are low-end even in the mind. they
didn't implemet constraints/subselects/views/triggers/full joins, but
they've got packed bases and compressed client/server protocol! wow.
must be cool.

personally, when i tried 7.0.2, with triggers/constraints/views and
other cool stuff (transactions!) i said to myself "yep, that's the
db you need". and now, whatever they say, when i hear somebody doing
billing system (!) on mysql, i just shrug my shoulders. in russian
it called "everybody goes insane his own way".

btw, what's related to in-memory quick db, what prevents you from
creating memory filesystem and put postgres dbs there? in *bsd it's not
a problem, on linux i believe too...

--
Denis A. Doroshenko  [GPRS engineer]                   .-.        _|_  |
[Omnitel Ltd., T.Sevcenkos st. 25, Vilnius, Lithuania] | | _ _  _ .| _ |