Re: Returned mail: Service unavailable - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Dado Feigenblatt
Subject Re: Returned mail: Service unavailable
Date
List pgsql-general
Steve SAUTETNER wrote:

> Hello !
>
> I've got 2 databases. In the first i've got users described in a table
> (name, adress ..).
> In the second, i've got a table with products informations (id, price,
> owner
> ...).
> I must create a trigger in the second table on insert that verify that
> the
> product's owner exists in the first database.
>
> Anyone has an idea on how to do it ?
> (i can't merge the two databases)
>
> have a nice day !

Not very experienced on triggers mysefl, but if you're talking about two
tables in the same database, that can be done and you'd be better off
taking advice on how to implement that from somebody other than me :)
But if you're *really* saying you have 2 *distinct* databases, then
you're out of luck :(. Triggers can work across tables on the same DB,
but not across DBs.
Am I wrong on that one?

--
Dado Feigenblatt                                 Wild Brain, Inc.
Technical Director                               (415) 216-2053