Re: Mirroring the database? - Mailing list pgsql-sql

From Allan Engelhardt
Subject Re: Mirroring the database?
Date
List pgsql-sql
Ehhh, use dual-ported RAID disks?  (Well, tri-port in your case, but maybe A and B machines are enough.  You still have
a(small) single point of failure, but you probably have that anyhow (network switch?).  You'll need some way of brining
PostgreSQLup on B when A dies, but that could be a simple script.  Reconnect would of course be manual from the point
ofthe client.).

Or buy Oracle.

Replication is at the top of the TODO list: http://www.uk.postgresql.org/docs/todo.html

Allan.

PS:
Maybe SQLB does some of what you want?  http://sourceforge.net/projects/sqlb/  [The documentation is a little
opaque...I'mnot quite sure what it does, exactly.  Anybody want to comment?]