Re: Asking for some PL/pgSQL Tips - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Richard Huxton
Subject Re: Asking for some PL/pgSQL Tips
Date
List pgsql-general
tankgirl@worldonline.es wrote:

>   This is more or less what I'm trying to do...
>
>             EXECUTE ''ALTER TABLE ''||name_table
>                     || '' ADD COLUMN '' || name_atrib || name_type;

Stick the text of this into a variable (say execsql) then you can do:

RAISE NOTICE execsql;
EXECUTE execsql;

Once I've got my patch to RAISE finished and accepted you won't need to
put it into a variable, but for the moment you have to.

My guess is you are missing a space between name_atrib and name_type,
but that's just a guess.

HTH

- Richard Huxton